Phoenix Sky Harbor Opens First Phase Of Terminal 3 Modernization
Travelers at America’s Friendliest Airport® are in for a more modern and convenient Terminal 3 (with amazing views!) as the first phase of its terminal modernization program was officially opened last December 5 by Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton and members of the Phoenix City Council.
Built in 1979, the updated Terminal 3 boasts of an enhanced customer experience with state-of-the-art facilities for travelers with the following features:
- A new, consolidated security checkpoint to reduce wait times and get travelers to their gates faster.
- Overhauled HVAC systems and vertical circulation systems.
- New finishes in the interior and exterior.
- Additional airline ticket counters.
- More baggage handling capacity.
Additionally, travelers can enjoy Arizona’s cultural and artistic heritage while waiting for flights with Terminal 3's new Museum Gallery located on Level 4 past security, outside the gate area.
There are two more phases or "components" to the modernization of Terminal 3 with completion of the project expected in 2020. Component 2 envisions the south concourse being replaced with a new 15-gate linear concourse while Component 3 continues the upgraded customer experience at the north concourse. Each component also adds new retail and dining options as well as other customer service amenities. The Terminal 3 Modernization Program represents an approximate cost of $590 million (in 2014 dollars). More information available at https://skyharbor.com/terminalmodernization.
Featured Listings Close To Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport:
- City of Phoenix, AZ New Listings
- City of Phoenix, AZ Foreclosure Listings
- City of Phoenix, AZ Short Sale Listings
- City of Phoenix, AZ Single Family Homes for Sale
- City of Phoenix, AZ Condos & Townhomes for Sale
If you have any topics or questions you would like answered, contact The Shanna Day Dream Home Team - we’ll find the answers for you!
Shanna Day Dream Home Team
Keller Williams Realty East Valley